In 1907 the ruins and neighbouring Abbey House were sold at public auction and the whole property was bought by Ernest Jardine from Nottingham who offered it to the Church of England at cost price.
The funds were raised by 1909 and on June 22 that year the Prince and Princess of Wales visited to celebrate the restoration of the abbey to the Church of England.
The charity preserves the fabric and grounds of Glastonbury Abbey ruins, provides education in the abbey’s religious and historic importance for the public benefit and uses the abbey to advance religion in accordance with the doctrines of the Church of England.
- The Abbey Gatehouse,
- 01458 832267
Send Message to listing owner
Listing Title: Glastonbury Abbey