Below you will find a list of all the Minutes of Meetings held with the Board and the Committee members of the Glastonbury of Chamber and Tourism. All of the committee and board are volunteers who give up their time in between running their busy businesses.
If you have an comments or input please email email@example.com
Glastonbury Chamber of Commerce and Tourism
Held on: Wednesday 9th October 2019, 6pm
Held at George & Pilgrims Hotel, Glastonbury
Present: Jo Friend, Jill Barker, Lynette Whitcombe, Emma George, Paul Manning, Mandy Evans, Kirsten Rae
- Small business Saturday- Saturday 7th Discussed ideas. Suggested Board for photos with individual shops with hashtag #smallbusinesssaturday, to encourage people to shop local for Christmas. Kirsten came up with ideas for posters and social media campaign. Agreed to keep it simple and encourage members to be featured. Provide link to biography template and where to get photo board. Access to the campaign will be for members of the Chamber of Commerce.
ACTION: JB to send out press release and authorise advertising in local magazines. All to encourage more Glastonbury businesses to join the chamber of Commerce to be part of the campaign.
- JB had training with Somerset Chamber for affiliates and has a lot of resources. They have been asked to provide more support for the Chamber and to encourage larger local businesses to join.
- Enterprise Mendip has a voucher scheme to help businesses in the area spend on local services.
ACTION: AD and JF to sketch out a plan. AD to speak to Kelly Knight about managing it.
- Tourism symposium Thursday 12th March funding from Enterprise Mendip. Need speakers. Discussion on who to invite.
ACTION: All – find suitable speakers for event and feed back to JB
- EG explained the new Beckery village project. Whitbread have given £15000 for signage and upgrades to the area. Discussion on how this money may be spent.
- Finances- LW updated on finances. New signatories all up to date on Bank account. Discussed ongoing problems with accessing Paypal account. 6 New Members joined this month.
Action : EG to speak to Fragrant Earth and Paypal to get access to the £100 in the paypal account.
Meeting closed at 7 pm to go to team quiz.