In 1907 the ruins and neighbouring Abbey House were sold at public auction and the whole property was bought by Ernest Jardine from Nottingham who offered it to the Church of England at cost price.
The funds were raised by 1909 and on June 22 that year the Prince and Princess of Wales visited to celebrate the restoration of the abbey to the Church of England.
The charity preserves the fabric and grounds of Glastonbury Abbey ruins, provides education in the abbey’s religious and historic importance for the public benefit and uses the abbey to advance religion in accordance with the doctrines of the Church of England.
Glastonbury Online Ltd is a not for profit company assisting the development of internet use amongst Glastonbury businesses, community groups & people. Any profits generated are put back into supporting the development of community webpages/websites for local organisations.
Glastonbury Online was formed out of a loose collection of local webworkers and eventually became a Company Limited by Guarantee. We are proud of our good relationships with other webworkers in the town and continue to promote co-operation rather than competition in our community.